It’s always a good idea for children to show their mothers some love with a special handmade gift — we all know the best present a mother can receive is one made by her child’s fair hands.
We thought a sun-shaped album would be perfect and have put together some simple instructions on how to make it.
Here’s what you need:
– Wooden clothes pegs
– Thick yellow card or paper
– String or wire
– Marker pens
– Vinyl glue
– Paint – Pictures or other cuttings to put inside
Once it’s all ready, your child can get to work
- Cut the cardboard in a perfect circle. Cutting around a large plate is an easy way. If you don’t have any yellow card at home, use whatever paper you can find and paint it yellow.
- Once you have your sun shape, draw on the eyes, nose and mouth with a marker pen.
- Make two small holes with scissors at the top edge of the sun. Thread the string or wire through that you’ll need to hang it up.
- Paint the clothes pegs (six will be enough) any colour you like, they don’t have to be yellow, and let them dry. You’ll be using these to make the sun’s rays.
- You’ll be using these to make the sun’s rays.
- The final step is to put some glue on the part of each clothes peg you press on to open it and secure it to the cardboard.
That’s it, your sun-shaped album is ready! A simple piece of craftwork made with things that are easy to find at home. Your mum will love it!