MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA informs users of the website about its policy regarding the treatment and protection of personal data of users and customers that may be collected by browsing or contracting services through its website.
In this sense, MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA guarantees compliance with current regulations on the protection of personal data, as reflected in Organic Law 15/1999 of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data and Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, by the one that approves the Regulation of Development of the LOPD.
2. Collection, purpose and data processing
MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA has the duty to inform users of its website about the collection of personal data that can be carried out, either by sending email or filling in the forms included in the website. In this sense, MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA will be considered responsible for the data collected through the means described above.
Types of data collected.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Technical data, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address with which your computer connects to the network, its login data, the version and type of browser it uses, the time zone configured, the versions and the types of browser add-ons, the platform and the operating system.
- Data about your visit, such as the sequence of clicks of all the uniform resource locators (URLs) to, from and through the Website (including the date and time); the products you have seen, purchased or searched; the response times of the pages, the download errors, the duration of the visits made to some pages, the interaction data of the pages (such as displacements, clicks and movements of the mouse pointer or “mouseover”), and the methods used to exit the page and all the telephone numbers used to call our customer service line.
- We do not collect your financial data, as third-party payment processors are responsible for collecting and storing this data.
In turn MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA informs users that we use the data we keep about you for the following purposes:
- Attention of requests made by users
- Inclusion in the contacts agenda
- Provision of services
- Management of the commercial relationship.
- To be able to offer you our books and related services.
- In order to provide you with other information, products or services that you request or that we consider may be of interest to you (provided that we have your consent to contact you for such purposes).
- So you can participate in the interactive features of the Website, when you want to do so.
- To conduct contests and promotions.
- To get in touch with you about products and services that you have requested.
- To inform you of the changes made to the Website and the products and services we offer.
- To ensure that the content of the Website is presented in the most effective way, both for you and for your computer.
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, such as problem solving, data analysis, testing and for statistical purposes, research and surveys.
- To guarantee the security of the Website.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we use with you and others, as well as to offer you relevant advertising.
We may use the data we maintain about you for another purpose, but we will tell you that at the time of collecting the data.
The operations, management and technical procedures carried out in an automated or non-automated way and that enable the collection, storage, modification, transfer and other actions on personal data, are considered to be the processing of personal data.
All personal data, which are collected through the website of MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA , and therefore have the consideration of processing personal data, will be incorporated into the files declared before the Spanish Agency for Data Protection by MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA.
3. Communication of information to third parties and users of the data collected
MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA informs users that their personal data will not be transferred to third organizations, with the exception that said data transfer is covered by a legal obligation or when the provision of a service implies the need for a contractual relationship with a person in charge of treatment:
- Our business partners and our external service providers, contractors, licensees or advisors so they can perform functions and process personal data on our behalf, including, among others, printing, payment and shipping services.
- The parties involved in the general operations of our company, such as administration, sales, marketing and legal matters.
- The analysis providers, the search engine providers, the web hosting providers, the computer companies and the system administrators that help us in the operation, improvements and optimization of the Website.
- In the event that we sell or buy any company or asset, we may disclose your personal data to the possible seller or buyer of said company or asset.
- In the event that a third party acquires MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA or practically all of its assets, personal data held by its customers will constitute one of the assets transferred.
- In the event that we have the obligation to reveal or share your personal data to meet a legal requirement or for the purposes of a request or regulatory obligation.
- Protect the rights, property or safety of MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA, our customers or others. This includes the exchange of information with other companies or companies in order to guarantee protection against fraud and reduce credit risks.
4. Treatment methods
We collect, use, disclose, preserve and delete personal data in an appropriate manner, for authorized purposes, and take the appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification and destruction.
The processing of the data is done through the use of computers and / or tools suitable for IT and follow procedures and organizational modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the EU. Where necessary and for a purpose you have consented to, data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We will only transfer your personal data to third parties in territories outside the EEA where such transfer is compliant with applicable laws and regulations. For your information, this includes circumstances where:
7. Retention time
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfil the purpose outlined in this policy.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. Information about cookies
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a maximum of twelve months.
9. Rights of users
Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data gives interested parties the possibility of exercising a series of rights related to the processing of their personal data.
As long as the user’s data is subject to treatment by MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA. Users may exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on the protection of personal data.
To make use of the exercise of these rights, the user must contact them by written communication, providing documentation that proves their identity (ID or passport), to the following address: MATAMUA BOOKS S. COOP. PEQUEÑA, Street: Zabalbide No. 13, Zip Code: 48006, City: Bilbao, Province: Bizkaia or the address that is replaced in the General Data Protection Register. Said communication must reflect the following information: Name and surname of the user, the request for request, the address and the supporting data.
The exercise of rights must be performed by the user. However, they may be executed by a person authorized as legal representative of the authorized party. In this case, the documentation proving this representation of the interested party must be provided.
10. Links to third-party websites
The Website may contain links to and from third-party websites, our associated networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the application or services are advertised). If you follow a link to some of these websites, you should not forget that these websites and all the services that can be accessed through them have their own privacy policies and that we will not accept any responsibility regarding such policies or personal data that may be collected through such websites or services, such as contact or location information. Check these policies before sending any personal data to these websites or use their services.